Sunday 20 September 2009

Me

I think most designers have the problem of creating a logo / identity for themselves. I think it one of the hardest thing to design like most designers I am very self critical of what I produce. So here are some questions I asked myself:


What does it say it about me?

Does it look good?

Will I like it in a year?

Will take me seriously?


These kind of questions are easy to answer when you are designing a logo / identity for a client. I have thought about these questions for years and never really got around to answering them. I have had many ideas, which include designing a coat of arms with monkeys it was a bit tongue in cheek and looking at it didn’t really work for me. Mainly I thought that people would really take me seriously. After the monkey thing I decided to go down a more retro look using a William Morris inspired leaf design which now I think doesn’t really work either.


But now I think I have found something that is simple, visually clever and usable for a logo, I had the idea way back in college (I recently found my sketchbook with initial ideas) at the time I didn’t rate the idea too much.




I decided to go back to the idea after going to a D&AD President Lecture that involved Experimental Jetset. After seeing the project for Réunion des Musées Nationaux, I thought my idea could work and be quite successful with a little work.



So logo on its way, onto the website, letterhead, business cards... etc… might come back to that in another 3 years…


No comments:

Post a Comment