Sunday, 6 December 2009
Over the next month or so I will be attending a few exhibitions, which have been recommended to me by my tutor.
I also will be attempting to design my website, hopefully getting that up and running in the January if time permits.
I will post my progress as and when…
I was given my mark for the radio project. I have to say after a shakey start to the project I turned it round and got a decent mark. The finished radio and all my photos, presentation boards came out well and I was really happy with what I submitted. The idea of the manual was well received (thanks to an outside source for that), not so much from fellow student because they thought I was being a bit too clever.
I am really pleased with the outcome of the project, I felt good I would get a good mark, like a C+ or B, but I got an A. Only two other people got an A out 28 people so I couldn’t of done much more.
Hopefully it will continue to the next 2 and half years, below is what I submitted, enjoy…
One of the most productive skill / technique that I learnt was how to create professional photos of our products at home. It is an easy and inexpensive way of getting great photos.
All you need to do is get a large box and cut holes in the top and the sides. Cover those holes with tracing paper to diffuse the light. Then put a piece of white paper in the back, tape at the top and leave loose to create a curve. Then all you need is a lamp and darken room, I was told that natural light is better but I found that a lamp gives just as good results.
It also depends on the settings on your camera or you do a little photoshop trickery.
I started off by gathering boxes and wrapping them in white paper to hide the details of the boxes so I can draw them and to get the shadows of the boxes. I then picked a box and took it apart and measured the net.
I then got a random net that someone else drew to draw on SoildWorks, the one I got was completely wrong and just made it up. SolidWorks is a program that most agencies use, you can draw 2d images such as nets and also it is a 3d program.
The next step was to draw the components that was ordered from a website. We also had a workshop in typography, which was fun but a bit of waste of time to be honest.
The final results to come…