Saturday 10 October 2009

A Field Trip (Part 1)

On the first week we went on a field trip to the design museum and an exhibition from The Helen Hamlyn Research Associates, which was at the Royal College of Art



I will start with the Design Museum the main exhibition was ‘Super Contemporary’. Which was a collection of commission by some of London’s best designers, which included Neville Brody, Paul Smith, Wayne Hemmingway (I have heard some goods things about him from old work place, little joke there for the people I used to work with) and many more. It included a timeline, which was really interesting, as I don’t much about the history of product design. It also had the history of graphic & fashion design, Architecture and a culture time line, which included film, music, social and political events of that year.


All quite interesting to see have all these things contributed to each other and there was some interesting videos of people talking through their experience career. All well worth a fiver… and I also got mistaken for the course tutor, must be the beard…


There was also another exhibition by a Spanish (I think he was extremely Spanish) his name is Javier Mariscal. His work is quite interesting not quite to my taste he has designed a graphic identity for Barcelona (one of my favourite cities). His work spans many disciplines he makes models out of cardboard, he is a film maker he seems to do the lot, check him out…


No comments:

Post a Comment