Monday 18 January 2010

The Blog Remains The Same

Hello…


A new year, a new decade and I still can’t keep up to date with my blog. Before I said that I would have some news on my website… I have no news due to work commitments over Christmas.


I managed to take a few exhibitions over the festival period. First of all I went to The Design Museum to see the Dieter Rams exhibition, Less and More – The Design Ethos of Dieter Rams. I was really impressed with whole exhibition, it gave me a really good idea of how product design can be so simple yet effective. Even the graphics for the exhibition was excellent, Bibliotheque’s graphics fitted so well with what was exhibited. One thing I thought I would never say is that the best item there and what I got really excited about was a door handle, the way it fitted the hand was just so impressive.








I was also impressed with a little section at the end that showcased a few designers influenced by Dieter Rams. Joe Doucet designed some really nice stuff for Braun, especially a toaster. Sam Hecht, is another designer I really like, I really like his travel alarm clock called Jetlag.



No comments:

Post a Comment